Create a free, animated ecard using your personal photos, videos and music!
Apple iTunes

Monday, June 30, 2008

Read All About It - June Book Reviews


I am a book lover. I love reading them. I like the weight, the heft and even the smell of books. I hang out in book stores with coffee shops because there I can feed both of my vices at once. Since I can't possibly read all the books I'd like to I read a lot of book reviews. I'll try to list some of my favorites here.

Book Review: "Three Weeks with My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks by Genie Walker
A revealing glimspe into the real life of one of America's most prolific writer's and his brother.

Book Review: Echo Bay -- Richard Barre by Saul Relative
Richard Barre is a very talented author. His plots and characters are multi-layered and multifaceted, gripping, intelligent, and compelling. His latest, Echo Bay, is a case in point. It is a depart...

My Sergei: A Memoir by Ekaterina Gordeeva by Chun Valencia
Chun says this book rekindled her lost love for reading. Check out her review to find out why.

Book Review: Lewis Buzbee's "The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop" by Bruno Somerset
In "The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop," San Francisco author Lewis Buzbee does something few writers would be able to: he makes the history of the book and the bookstore something you just can't put down.

My Lobotomy: Author Details Life Before and After an Ice Pick Lobotomy by Cassandra Mae
"My Lobotomy" is a book about Howard Dully's life before, during and after an ice pick lobotomy. It's a fascinating book that takes you on Howard's quest to find out "why me?"

Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old like a Skank and Other Words of Delicate Southern Wisdom by Celia Rivenbark by Lori Borys
This really doesn't need a description. Take a look see and get ready to laugh.

"Female Brando: The Legend of Kim Stanley" by John Roberts
A review of a biography of acclaimed Broadway actress Kim Stanley who ruined her career and talent by her self destructive behavior.

Why Can't I -- a 31-Year-Old Male -- Stop Reading Stephenie Meyer? by Brian Terry
A book by Stephenie Meyer has once again infiltrated my life and taken it over ... and that's not even a pun.

Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert by Pearl Grace
Elizabeth Gilbert set off on an odyssey to discover happiness, spiritual fulfillment, and her self. And what a journey it was: a hodge podge of destinations, characters, and emotions. Ms. Gilbert, thanks for taking us along.

Book Review: Belong to Me, by Marisa De Los Santos by Skye McKenzie
When I pick up a book in the store and determine whether I want to buy it , I put it through the first-page test. What I mean by this is if a title interests me, I will flip open to the first page and read it as if I am going to read the rest of the book.

Media and Stereotypes: Archie, A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing? by Dr. Frank Czarny PhD
There is a social concern that children and young adolescents are presented with incorrect knowledge about sex in comics.

Paved with Good Intentions by C. S. Lewis Book Review by T.Schnieders
If you think C. S. Lewis only wrote books geared toward children you are mistaken!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: